Split screen multitasking headed to the iPad courtesy of iOS 8

By Shawn Knight
May 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Multitasking in iOS and more specifically on the iPad has been a topic of much debate. It's a feature that Android and Windows users have enjoyed for some time but that exclusivity may be coming to an end in the...

Read more
  2. I hope Samsung DROWNS them in patent litigation over that, LOL
    Jamesbrah and Runt1me like this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,972   +729

Everytime Apple so much as blinks an eye it makes frontline news.:mad:
  4. Prepare next wave attack from Samsung
  5. Runt1me

Runt1me Newcomer, in training

If a 1980s Amiga could do it... whats taking it so long coming to tablets, with 32,000x the memory and ~400x the screen pixels and processing power?
    Did I misread something?
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,853   +889

LMAO yeah. I am an apple fan, but it does get quite ridiculous. It isnt like this is "innovate". No sarcasm BTW.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

@Guest
    It is not about Samsung and its nearly pointless multi-window implementation on smartphones. As mentioned in the article this is more inline with what MS is doing through Surface line of tabs, hence, case of copying MS. Corporate is where the money is, and here, MS and Apple (which is trying to become big player as well) are fighting this out. Overall, as productivity solution, surface pro even in its current 'bulky' form is much better option,and rest are pretty good as 'media consumption devices', but this is my personal opinion.
  8. Hopefully, with a jailbreaked device, we already have OS Experience, a nice Tweak !

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.