By Corwin613
Aug 21, 2009
  1. I know this game has been out for like a year now but i recently built a newer system and was finally able to play this

Any other Spore players out there?
  2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Never bought it due to its horrible DRM and have since lost interest in it =/. I was actually really looking forward to it too...aweful EA.
  3. Corwin613

Corwin613 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 93

DRM? I've heard things about this but I havent looked it up yet to see what it is...
  4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

DRM = Digital Rights Management. Which acts more like a "restrictive" measurement against legitimate customers giving low install limits, requiring continues activations & in some worst cases conflicting with other software.

EA took a lot of heat because of this and some lawsuits, but since then I believe they've loosened the worst restrictions from boxed installs. And you can get it over steam completely DRM free (SecuROM DRM that is).

But DRM aside, I believe the game got rave reviews 8/10+ from most notable sites regarding the actual content. So good luck with the game man :D .
  5. Corwin613

I am not really seeing the DRM as much of a problem as I will be only playing Spore on one computer..... Unless I have to redo this computer more then 5 times or something....

Always figured your only allowed to install on one machine at a time anyhow and thats why the key codes are used....
  6. Zachariah

Zachariah TS Rookie Posts: 20

I bought this game when it first came out and it was a real disappointment. The concept of it seems nice and all but it got boring real quick. I played it for a few days then gave it to my friend.
  7. Corwin613

I've been playing it for a couple weeks now off and on and I haven't got bored yet. I find it fun messing with the different types of creatures
  8. thunderbolt

thunderbolt TS Rookie

Spore looks like fun until you get to space age. And you can get to it by playing it one time. Then it's boring.
  9. Corwin613

Yeah it can be 'beaten' quickly I find the most fun really is just creating new creatures

My brothers are having fun playing it when they come over and visit
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.