TechSpot

Sprint announces Vital, a $100 Android smartphone with some power

By Dave LeClair
Jun 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Right now, the Galaxy S 4 and HTC One are the two Android devices most buyers are running out to their local carrier and buying. In terms of pure power and features offered, it's difficult for any other phone to...

Read more
  2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 850   +220

Thats a perfect resolution for that size phone. While my Droid 4's 540 x 960 (275 PPi) resolution has turned out to be much better then I expected, a solid 1366 X 768 or 1280 X 720 would be ideal for it.
  3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

Oh damn, it looks kinda like an Apple product if you squint and look at it from the right angle, time for another lawsuit from the Cupertino camp. Not a bad phone for the price, be interested to see some reviews when it starts getting around.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

If it's only offered on contract then it's moot to me. If it wasn't then it could've been a decent alternative to these other uber expensive things.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,069   +704

Fixed.
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  6. distantreality

distantreality TS Rookie Posts: 55   +6

Its a friggin joke not enuf ram first off...do not get a 2 year contract u will cry within 6 months
  7. T-Mobile and Wamart is currently selling Nokia's Lumia 521.
    It also has all the bells and whistles:
    - Blazing fast WiFi browsing
    - SD Card
    - 5MP camera
    - Sensitive Screen (useable with gloves)
    - built in GPS/Mapping/Drive)
    - WiFi Calling app
    - removable battery
    - swappable SIM card
    - swappable back shell (different colors)

It runs Windows Phone 8 and get this... it costs ONLY $129 OFF CONTRACT!!!!
    bielius likes this.
  8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 971   +84

Phones are getting to big for a woman's pockets. I thought that this was funny or a joke until I had a discussion with the ladies around my house and found that newer phones do not fit in their pockets. They're so large that when sitting down new phones might fall out.

Meanwhile I fit an entire DVD, case and all, into my Manly pants pocket and told them, "function over fashion." They only sneered at me.
  9. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 196   +18

My wife won't even carry keys in her pockets! Sounds like your women are more practical than some :)
  10. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 196   +18

Not sure what the "image link" in my above post is. I just put a smiley.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.