TechSpot

SPTD.sys  ??

By eragon098
Mar 30, 2007
  1. I think this is the right forum but if it isnt im sorry. Anyway I tried starting my computer last week to find that it restarted immediatly after showing the "Windows XP Proffesional" logo. So I decided to boot up in safe mode it went through the system files until it got to a point where it said "press ESC to stop loading SPTD.sys" then it waits for about 10 seconds then restarts If anybody has got a answer or can point me somewhere that can help me I would be greatly appreiciative. Thanks.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

SPTD.sys is the driver for Daemon tools. Try updating daemon tools or uninstall the programme.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. eragon098

eragon098 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it wont boot into the OS so I cant get rid of it. Are there programs I can use to delete it without having to reformat

4. howard_hopkinso

It could be that you have a ram problem and that the SPTD.sys file is nothing to do with your problem.

I suggest you run Memtest86+ as per these instructions and let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

5. eragon098

eragon098 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I dont have Sonic and it doesnt write image files

6. howard_hopkinso

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.