Spynomore rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1711

Had Trojan infection - security toolbar 7.1 and vundo. Bought spynomore after other programs failed to fix. They said they guarantee to remove or money back. Did not fix problem. Sent emails and service ticket. Now their support page has disappeared so cannot get in touch.

Have I been ripped off?

Have cleared infection but don't knw if I should keep program on machine

That programme is of dubious repute and should be uninstalled from your system, as I said in your other thread. ;)

Regards Howard :)

First, you need to understand that spyware/adware programs are for spyware and adware. Anti-virus programs are for viruses, Trojans and Worms. While some of each type of program may alert you to having malware, you have to use the specific type of program to remove it.

As for spyware/adware programs themselves, you should have at least 2. Databases differ and all don't work in the same manner. some prevent, some find and fix.

As for Spynomore, it's going to depend on which version you have. Spywarewarrior has this program named as Rogue spyware for a while. But the site now says:
"Note on SpyNoMore: SpyNoMore was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives. Testing with the latest version of the program indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider SpyNoMore to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

[A: 10-5-06 / U: 11-10-06]
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#snm_note

Vundo is a Trojan infection. You should not have expected a spyware/adware program to remove it. But it usually comes in with adware. So you your AV program to remove the Trojan and a spyware/adware program to remove the adware.

On the other hand, the Security toolbar 7.1 should be removed by a good spyware program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back