TechSpot

Spyware Notification

By StormBringer
Dec 31, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I received this on my work laptop earlier this morning while looking for some schematic info, I decided to copy the text and post it here. I have never run accross anything like it before. A had clicked on a link and while the page was opening I was directed to a page which included the following msg:

I don't remember the URL and I think there was some links in the page that got discarded through the copy to notepad.

Anyway I found it interesting. I know it isn't very useful to anyone but I actually did have comet cursor on there and after I removed it the page loaded as it should.
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

When I first read that I thought it was another crappy advert. I get those all the time, most advertising crappy useless programs which are the things they say they remove. But after reading that, I guess I should pay more attention to some of them...

Very interesting.

That mentioned Steve Gibson Research, found at grc.com. I have had alot of good experiences with him, and would reccomend using the tools found on that site to anyone. The first thing I read off that site was the very long story about DDoS's...it was a very fascinating article, and put it in good standing in my book. His LeakTest is pretty good too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.