Spyware Notification

By StormBringer
Dec 31, 2002
  1. I received this on my work laptop earlier this morning while looking for some schematic info, I decided to copy the text and post it here. I have never run accross anything like it before. A had clicked on a link and while the page was opening I was directed to a page which included the following msg:

I don't remember the URL and I think there was some links in the page that got discarded through the copy to notepad.

Anyway I found it interesting. I know it isn't very useful to anyone but I actually did have comet cursor on there and after I removed it the page loaded as it should.
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

When I first read that I thought it was another crappy advert. I get those all the time, most advertising crappy useless programs which are the things they say they remove. But after reading that, I guess I should pay more attention to some of them...

Very interesting.

That mentioned Steve Gibson Research, found at I have had alot of good experiences with him, and would reccomend using the tools found on that site to anyone. The first thing I read off that site was the very long story about DDoS' was a very fascinating article, and put it in good standing in my book. His LeakTest is pretty good too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.