TechSpot

Square Enix releases the original Tomb Raider on iOS

By Justin Kahn
Dec 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Following the success of the recent Tomb Raider reboot, Square Enix has now released the original Tomb Raider game for iOS. The port, officially titled Tomb Raider I, is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and has been tweaked...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

I'm sure it will make happy some people.

I was very happy to find iOS version of Pinball Fantasies that's even older, I think...

[​IMG]

3. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 188   +89

The best Tomb Raider in history. Nostalgia speaking ? Hell yeah, but it was still a blast. Anniversary is the modern version of the original, and it rocks.

4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

I'd be very happy to see them release chronotrigger for ios.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,562   +2,370

Nostalgic, indeed. Though, I have to wonder if that's entirely a good thing; the game plays just as clunky as I remember. :p

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

It's cool that they're able to produce this classic on a portable OS, but are any of you happy with this style of control? For me, my hands block portions of the screen and a lack of tactile feedback leaves me a bit clumsy at the controls.

7. davislane1

@9Nails the controls work fine for me. RH control was a bit tricky at first but became a non-issue once I got their locations memorized.

8. Thx for remember that awesome game...

9. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Back when her breasts were portrayed as cones

10. davislane1

Unsurprisingly, this is something that can only be seen in retrospect.

11. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,180   +73

I still have the N-Gage version. I probably won't buy the original again (if it ever makes it to Android), but I'll wait until Anniversary become viable on mobile.

12. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TS Guru Posts: 513   +46

Reminds me of my Amiga days!