By sloaners
Apr 17, 2004
  1. While surfing the net earlier today my pc unexpectedly disconnected from the internet and went into stand-by.
    I have stand-by disabled... I ran a full virus scan using
    norton which found nothing. It's the first time this has
    happened... any suggestions?
  2. bakertime361

bakertime361 TS Rookie Posts: 34

Well, its probably not a virus. My only idea would be to check again in your control panel to make sure that you're settings are correct for power saving. That or possibly a power surge. Make sure to use a surge protector!
  3. OS samurai

OS samurai TS Rookie Posts: 159

in addition to what bakertime361 said what type of net connection do you have dial- up or broadband? are your virus defs up to date? did this just happen ounce? what OS are you running? do your event logs for both the aplications & system show anything werid? have you tried running an adware/spyware killing program like adware?
  4. sloaners

sloaners TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm using broadband. virus definitions are up to date. winxp home edition. it has so far only happened once. i've ran ad-aware 6.
  5. OS samurai

OS samurai TS Rookie Posts: 159

what did your event logs show? if this has only happened 1 time it could have been a fluke! are you over clocking your system? I would watch and see if it happens again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.