Standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesketchell

I use standby mode quite often as a way of quickly restarting my machine during the day, whilst its not in use.

Normally when i select the standby option from within the XP home environment, my monitor turns off, my hard disk shuts down and then my fans go silent.

As of this morning, my fans will not shut down in standby mode. Everything else is as normal, and i can re awaken the machine as normal by pressing any key, yet during the whole time the fans continue to run.

Is there a power management setting that could have been reset? Or maybe something in the bios thats got effected somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

JK

I am not entirly sure... how long was it being run before you tried to standby it???? and was this after you had installed some software??
I cant think of anything that you could change in microsoft...

joshuarowley42 said:
I am not entirly sure... how long was it being run before you tried to standby it???? and was this after you had installed some software??
I cant think of anything that you could change in microsoft...

Just the normal length of time. Around 2 hours. No new software had been installed either. I tried looking at the bios settings, in particular the fan management options. But nothing seems to work.

My guess is that it is because the proc or case are still warm and it is trying to cool them down still. Once they reach a desired temperature it will shut the fans off.

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back