StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

:) Can't say that I am. I'd like to grab a copy for the single player, but since they're splitting up the campaigns I'll probably just wait until I can get all three in a bundle deal or something.

Ill be buying a key at midnight, I already downloaded it. Iv had the beta for like 4 months so meh.

pretty good so far, installed earlier. hopefully servers can handle the inevitable influx of online players.

Tried to buy online last night and dl. Was going to take 15-22 hours to dl (kept bouncing), so I just bought it after I got done with work today. Played the first few missions on hard, wasn't too hard, obviously that will change.

i think the digital download is around 7.5GB so it may take some time especially because Blizzard's download servers are going to be swamped. as for the game itself i never really got the hang of the original but i'm liking the sequel so far and hopefully i will get better at it.

also if anyone is looking for official system requirements they are as follows:

PC Requirements

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

PC Recommended Specifications:

* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.
Mac Requirements

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

* Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
* Intel® Processor
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 2 GB Ram
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

Mac Recommended Specifications:

* Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
* 4 GB system RAM
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better

It got harder :0 Will update later after I play some more. Going to try and keep the difficulty set to hard.

Played a few more missions, they are challenging on hard. I died a couple times on "Welcome to the Jungle", I can get 4 of the things, then I end up getting raped by the bigger flying protoss ships.

Haven't played online any yet..

For a sidenote, when my computer woke from sleep today (first time its slept or restarted since installing) my CD/DVD drive and my virtual cd drives (Virtual Clone Drive) did not appear. Checking in device manager I saw a "Code 19". Uninstalling the physical drive in device manager and reinstalling didn't fix it. I actually had to go into the registry and delete some upper and lower filters for CD/DVD drives. I don't know for sure that the Starcraft install did it, but it sure looks like that is the cause.

yea this game may be a bit too much for me lol. even with the hotkeys i cannot keep up with the flood of objectives it throws at you. it's like every time i get started with one thing i gotta cease all plans and start on another. i don't remember the first game being so frantic. couple that with the fact that i'm not really an rts player and you can imagine the frustration. the outbreak mission took me an hour and 27 minutes (8 cycles) to complete on normal :haha:

and btw how the heck do you quit to desktop? i couldn't find the exit button anywhere...

Time to disable hyper threading...?
To play with a friend that could be sitting right next to me, we must both connect to Battle.net and with the service down this was simply not possible.
Not a problem after people stop flooding in on release day?

Well I am a big fan of Blizz products (played WOW for about 2 years) and all I can say is that Blizz is balancing things with every patch. My main focus whit Blizz nowadays is that they try to make money from everything. Please verifty i haven't my copy yet but they said you can play for Protos Campaign and if you want to play Zerg and terran you need to pay again. If it did, I think i will pass on this game for the first time..

I was trying to play the entire campaign on Hard. But, after losing in a couple levels many times I decided to bump it down to Normal for those. I must say that the decrease in difficulty from Hard to Normal is substantial.

I forget the name of the stage, but it was where you have a base in the bottom left and Terran areas keep getting infested by Zerg, the idea is to go out and fight them before they become fully taken over and thus harder to defeat. In Hard I could destroy the base directly to my east (1st one to be taken over) and the one in the top left, but then I'd die. And I always felt that I was on the verge of dying anyway. So I played it on Normal, still expecting it to be tough so I built up a lot of defenses and played it pretty conservatively. By the time I did win, every terran outpost or whatever they were called had been taken over, but I was also pretty adept at killing the infestations. I lost my first army of about 20 dudes after killing the 3rd outpost, and then I built a second army of about 25 and didn't have any problem the rest of the map.

Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 (256 MB)

I did not see this card listed under the supported cards, does this mean it won't be able to run the game? I was trying to a decent and affordable comp I could buy to replace my 6+ year old Dell (that still has regular PCI slot for the video card)... Thanks.

I did not see this card listed under the supported cards, does this mean it won't be able to run the game? I was trying to a decent and affordable comp I could buy to replace my 6+ year old Dell (that still has regular PCI slot for the video card)... Thanks.
Yes it can run the game...on low settings.

I just started my campaign today; i'm about half way done with brutal, and somehow the moebius mission was super easy compared to everything around it. Weird maybe I cheated.

My graphics and RAM should be up to par, but with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.2 GHz Processor, I am thinking I could barely run this game. I am still facepalm at myself for not downloading the Beta and seeing if it was playable on my system so I would know, haha.

Back