Starforce: Truly Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartz

http://forums.galciv2.com/index.asp...=161&AID=106741

we were quite disturbed to discover that the company that makes Starforce provided a working URL to a list of pirated GalCiv II torrents. I'm not sure whether what they did was illegal or not, but it's troubling nevertheless and was totally unnecessary.

Galactic Civilizations 2, if you haven't heard, uses a new scheme of copy protection, where instead of punishing pirates, they simply reward their paying customers through frequent content updates and additions.

Starforce not liking this, helps people pyrate the game on their official forums. This obviously dings the sales of Galactic Civilizations 2.

discuss.

He's not sure if that's illegal?

I like their idea of rewarding players.

If I'd make a multiplayer game, I wouldn't stop cheaters / pirates from playing, but instead would make it so that all other players would see something like "I'm a cheater" sign on top of them.

I'm sure he's only saying that he's 'not sure it's illegal' until stardock and their lawyers decide what course of action to take...

I hope they sue personally, I wonder if they could attribute a certain amount of loss of sales to Starforce and get some damages from them.

Man that would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back