Start-up issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

uropn

Hi there
I have a Micron Transport ZX laptop that I'm having problems with. At start-up I get the 'micronpc.com' screen with ( press F2 for setup or ESC for multi-boot menu) If I press F2 , it says entering setup but nothing happens. If I press ESC, it goes to a BIOS version screen with the same options on the bottom (press F2 for setup or ESC for multi boot menu) If I press ESC again, nothing else happens; If I press F2, same as before, it says entering setup and hangs.
I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions with this problem.
Thank you

Hi again
Also, the fan only runs for about a second when I first turn the computer on and then nothing, so the machine gets pretty hot. I don't know if that's relevant to my other problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
I appreciate any thoughts you guys may have
Thanks

The machine is powering down to protect the CPU from damage. Heat will destroy a processor pretty quick. Is the fan very accessible? ? It should be replaced ASAP.

patio. :cool:

i too have a fan problem with my transport ZX. im running windows xp (not that that probably is the problem) but my fan does not come on and my laptop gets VERY hot. I was wondering if you knew how to take the laptop apart because ive tried and i've unscrewd all the screws but it still seems like it is screwd in somehow. If you or anyone knows how to take it apart please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back