Starting an MMORPG looking for people interested in helping

GODKING

First off, hi. Me and my bro decided we wanted to make this mmorpg that we have been talking about for a long time. We are looking for people to help make the game. PM I will tell you the details of what we have so far if your interested.

What are you programing it in? Java or C++ python will it be released as a web browser game or do you intend to make it an install? Just wondering.
I do character voice acting so if you need a scripted voice actor then I may be interested I can do impressions and accents my Irish and German accent is a little rusty lol! let me know!

The game will be in python C++ and it will be an install. At the current moment we won't need any voice actors because we are early into production, but if you post your email or something I could always contact you later into production. That will give you time to brush off your german and irish accent lol jk

Hello,
I'm intasted in helping you in this project as a game developer (C++). Can you send me some more details, what exacly you are planning?

I can narrate for you as well. I do an Indian/Russian/German/Australian accent. I can also do the movie narrator voice and my voice is deep so if you need me let me know! Also, can you give more info on the game?

Yes, if you would post your email I will email you details of the game. We will definetly need someone with a deep voice and with so many accents.

Anyone interested in helping email me at LastHaven@yahoo.com

For anyone who is interested we can really use a artist to draw sketches of the landscape and characters.

Hey Everyone,

Its been a while since I last posted so heres a little update. Yes, I'm still looking for possible developers of any background. We do have a forum that if you are interested you can apply and if we decide you are what we are looking for than the head of the department you apply for will notify you and upgrade your account so you can see all of the hidden work that we do (which 98% of it is hidden just a heads up)

The forum is http://www.lasthaven.userboard.net/

Any questions you can email me at LastHaven@yahoo.com or PM on the forum. I will get back to you ASAP.

-Ronnie-
Co-Executive

Need music? Got ya covered. I was a music major in college. I dabble here in there with composing and arranging. If interested, let me know. I'll start brushing up on my video game music to get some ideas together.

PS,
can also do some voice acting if need be. Russian and Scottish. I would say Irish as well, but for some reason after one or two sentences, it drifts off into Scottish, lol.

Need music? Got ya covered. I was a music major in college. I dabble here in there with composing and arranging. If interested, let me know. I'll start brushing up on my video game music to get some ideas together.

PS,
can also do some voice acting if need be. Russian and Scottish. I would say Irish as well, but for some reason after one or two sentences, it drifts off into Scottish, lol.

I already have a Head musician, but he may want some help. He has turned down others because they are unexperience, but seeing as you have major in music you may have better luck! Do you have any music samples or something so I can get feel for what kind of music you can do?

Why don't we start with baby, baby, baby, baby steps. Firstly, how about looking at what Planeshift has done ( http://www.planeshift.it/ ) in their open source efforts; or what about having a looking at using an existing MMORPG engine and framework like WorldForge ( http://www.worldforge.org/ ).

What kind were you looking to recreate (because let's face it, nothing is original :p) because let us face the facts: there are thousands of WoW/Ultima/Runescape clones out there - just have a browse of mmosite.com - why would anyone play yours? Or will the MMO element be a lot subtler like what was very successfully achieved with Demon's Souls? Is is going to be a quest orintated venture like most MMORPGs out ther or are you planning to fill that niche market of pure PvP that drives and shapes all of the content like Play to Crush (nee Shadowbane)?

Something to think about…

Hey, I am really really late at asking this but I see that there is a small site up for Last Haven. What all are y'all looking for. I am good at map designing and stuff like that. I am trying to make my own game but have no experience at it so I figured I would start with helping people. And if y'all have a good Engine I can create the maps to what you want them to look like. If you could please reply to me on here and let me know whats going on. Please let me know if you are interested, I have some more talents up my sleeve. :)

I imagine the above guys moved on as it's been almost 3 years, and there appears to be no activity here or on the linked website :confused:.

Back