Still cant connect to Morpheus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

Since yesterday I havent been able to connect to Morpheus. I read the news that Morpheus was giving a message to upgrade to a new version but im not getting that message. I see "connecting" but it never connects, although I see activity in the dail up networking icon.

Seems like KAZAA and other p2p severs upgraded their software, thus make it incompatible with Morpheus. Looks like we have to expect an upgrade from Morpheus too to get it work :(

i just went ahead and downloaded Kazaa, its made by the same people that make morpheus, therefore, it looks almost identical to morpheus and works teh exact same way. They are made by the same company, right?

I always thought that Morpheus was just a copy of KaZaA. Is this true? Any different ideas?

Don't believe it? When you're downloading something go into C:/Program Files/KaZaA/My Shared Folder. You should see a .dat file that starts with kazaadownload(then a whole bunch of numbers. I noticed this while using Morpheus, and thought it odd...

Morpheus used the KaZaA network - hence the kazaadownloads, however they have now changed to the Gnutella network, after kazaa upgraded their software in an incompatible way, thus preventing the use of their network by morpheus.

i've always used kazaa. I know about the spyware and that but its easily detected and disabled using ad-aware and zone alarm combo...

Hey all,

I just downloaded Kazaa and get an error msg when I run it...I can't even pull it up. I am running XP PRO. Anyone else have the same problem ?

Kazaa runs on the same technology as Morpheous but the two are owned by different companies, hence the different names. They both share the same files even now that Morpheous sold out to the guetella network, there is still a download to be able to download from Morpheous users.

Just beware the Kazaa and Morpheous tend to use up memory extremely fast. I have 512MB of ram and I have to optimize the ram with Tweak XP every once in a while because Kazaa sucks up so much memory.

BoeingFixer, could you describe the error that your getting so maybe I can help you in some way? Thanks.

Super

Memory Usage - that'll be the spyware in KaZaA. It can be removed though. At least morpheus didn't have any spyware in it, but I don't like the new style of Morpheus - I like some control over my searches (whether I want Pictures/Videos/Music etc.) which the new Morpheus lacks.

I agree Th3M1ghtyD8, I liked the control over what I got in the old Morpheus, the new one is not that good as far as I am concerned.

Super, Ill reinstall Kazaa today and send you the error message I get.

Thanks Boeing! :)

I guess I probably need to remove the spyware from Kazaa also, but I thought if I did that it would render the program useless. I guess I can do some searching and find the tweak to fix it. :)

I agree with you guys about having a certain amount of control over what I search for. I don't want thousands of results to pop up when all I want is a Friends episode, or something of the like.

Anyways, we still have Kazaa and hopefully they won't sell out like Morpheous.

Hey Super,

I installed Kazaa on another drive (my raid) and it works perfectly, I must have something going on with my other drive, my kazaa never installed correctly and my Agent stopped working. It works fine on the raid drives, something must have messed it up. I keep getting a winsock error with Agent. Ohh well, nice talking with you, talk to you soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back