TechSpot

Stop: 0x00000050 code. PLEASE help a man who has gone through three full installs!

By constantpush
Jan 25, 2008
  1. This is my first time ever reporting an error online but I am at my wits end.
    I purchased this computer brand new, but used my own windows disc.
    I am not sure if the problem is drivers or my install, but I have never had such a persistent problem!

the stop code is

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xE5AF6304, 0x00000000, 0xBF89412B, 0x00000001
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

win32k.sys seems to be the culprit, shame I don't know what this means!
    I am reluctant to send this back to the manufacturer as its under warranty because they tell me its a $90.00 an hour repair cost if its not hardware related.

I am so lost and in desperate need of expert advice!
    I am not sure what steps I have to take to figure this out but I will do whatever I can to help you help me! :)

Thanks in advance.

Nate

**EDIT**

Heres two of the dmp files as its a recent install, If you want to look through these maybe you can make something of them as I don't even know what to look for.
    I will reinstall windows again once I hear back.
    Should I re-install and only install the drivers off of the cd that came with it?
    Should I install the ATI video card drivers?

I guess just questions to ask later.

Thank you by the way for your fast response!

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

You may need to attach some minidump files

You can find them in c:/windows/minidump
    Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Can be hardware or software

Actually to fully confirm if it's not hardware, you would need to backup, and re-install Windows fresh (seeming that's what the testers would do. Plus also run the hardware diagnostic disk through it)

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.