TechSpot

Stop Error in 2K3

By jonnyboy77
Feb 13, 2008
  1. Hi,

I'm experiencing some issues with a DL380 running 2K3 SP2. The server has recently started rebooting itself once a day and I'm at a bit of a loss to find out the exact cause. Thought it may be something to do with a HBA card, have disabled that in DM but no difference.

The Reason Code is 0x805000f

Bugcheck string:
    0x000000d1 (0x8eed4174, 0xd0000002, 0x00000000, 0xf71c7e34)

Have had a look for similar issues on MS support, of which there are dozens. I get the impression this is a driver issue rather than something requiring a hotfix.

Memory.dmp is 2GB (implying memory leak presumably) and unreadable which is useful.

I've attached a minidump following the latest Stop error/crash/restart...

Thanks in advance for any help on this. All advice gratefully received.

Kind regards,
    Jon

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Your error:

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses).

The driver in question is TmPreFlt.sys which is a driver for Tren-Micro, particularly in their Office Scan Client.

3. jonnyboy77

jonnyboy77 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Route44, thanks very much. How you can tell that from the minidump is beyond me but it is nevertheless much appreciated.

I have unloaded the OfficeScan Client so will keep an eye on it.

Will post here in a couple of days if this does the trick...

Thanks again.
    Jon

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.