Stop Errors (Blue Screen of Death)... Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a STOP error with the following code...

STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8056F4c0, 0x9c0d7c30, 0x00000000)

this has been occurring more and more frequently. I run norton and spybot and windows defender and I can never find anything. Can anyone PLEASE help me? I am at my rope's end with my PC. Thank you in advance.

To help you we will need your minidumps. They contain a small written log of the type of error you had that led to your crash(s).

This is how I get my Minidumps (there is probably a simpler way to do this but I haven't a clue as to how ): Go to C drive > go to Windows Folder > find Minidump folder> click on this folder and inside are your Minidump files. I usually make a temporary folder on my desktop screen and transfer my Minidumps files (not the folder!) for easy access.

When you post back to this thread attach Minidumps like you would any file or document; the best way is to put them in a Zip format if you can, especially if you have a number of them.

Here you go...I hope this works. I am new to this. thank you for the help. By the way...how do you get these to where you can read them?..I tried to look at them but didnt know what to use to make them readable.

Attachments

• Mini041707-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini041707-04.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 5
To answer your question about reading Minidumps there is a free utility that you can download from Microsoft called a debugging tool. Major geeks has instructions on how to use it.

Now as to your Minidumps I want to call attention to your fourth one. It is saying that that crash was due to a driver fault, specifically cmuda.sys which is a driver for C-Media Audio. I take it you are using onboard audio.

The simplest and best step for you is to see if you can upgrade your audio drivers and then see if your crashes cease.

If it works, great, and let us know. If not, then return and we'll proceed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back