TechSpot

STOP0x0000008E

By mbatiri
Apr 25, 2006
  1. STOP 0x0000008E problem?

Hi everyone especially Howard
    I got two minidump file from my system and attached to this thread and hope my friends help me to solve my BLUE SCREEN problem.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash at mdmxsdk.sys. This is your Conexant Diagnostic Interface DRIVER for your modem.

Try updating this driver. If that doesn`t help, try a different modem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. mbatiri

mbatiri TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi and thanks a lot for your efforts,
    Would you please let me know how I can update this driver? Is your mean modem driver or other thing?

4. howard_hopkinso

Yes. I mean update your modem drivers.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

5. mbatiri

I look at conexant site for update but its drivers was from 2001 and I chang driver to windows generic driver but I think two driver works simultanousely and problem repeated. What is your suggestion?

6. howard_hopkinso

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers you currently have.

If that doesn`t help, then maybe you should try a different modem.

7. mbatiri

I changed my modem and bought a new one with speakerphone facilities but when I wanted to test its speakerphone and telephone facilities, the problem occured again and now dosen't remedy by uninstaling and reinstalling. I even removed modem and rebooted pc and removed modem from device manager and then reinstalled modem but the problem repeated again. Do you think modem maybe damaged?

8. howard_hopkinso

Completely uninstall your modem and try a different modem. This may solve your problem. It could be your modem that`s faulty, but it could also be flakey drivers.

9. mbatiri

Hi and good for you,
    I removed modem from my pc and restart and then deleted all system files about modem. then restarted and checked if there is any signs of modem. When I sured there are nothing more, I installed my modem and auto recognized by xp. I checked data and fax features without speakerphone facilities and everything were O.K.
    Hope lucky days for you

10. howard_hopkinso

Glad you problem appears to be solved.

Thanks for your feedback.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.