TechSpot

Storage devices are inop.

By renoheldentenor
Feb 14, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had installed Norton Personal Firewall and after that my cdrom, dvdrom and A drives didn't operate. Message: Inaccessible, function error. I uninstalled the firewall, uninstalled the devices and their drivers. After reinstallation, they still do not work. I am afraid to reformat as the A drive doesn't read. Both the cdrom and dvdrom will play audio disks and the LiteOn will record disks using Nero. Help!!
  2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

I had to guess as to your O/S,version of firewall but you will find with large companys like Symantec their knowledge base support can often solve problems .Try this page;
    http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/techsupp/kb/query.html?
    and use' cd rom inaccessible' in the search window for your version and O/S
  3. renoheldentenor

renoheldentenor TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the try. Symantec had nothing on an inaccessible cd drive with Personal Firewall. I have Windows 2000 and the 2004 Personal Firewall. Also, I have downloaded the latest drivers for the cd drives but cannot delete or overwrite the originals.
  4. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.