TechSpot

Strange Internet connection issues...

By ChiCubs05
Mar 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i recently purchased xbox live for my new 360 :D needless to say i want to be able to access internet through my computer and xbox's at the same time. i have an internet line running from the main computer's netgear wireless G router to my personal one with a netgear 4 port hub. when i connect the line to my router, and to both xbox's i can access internet on the xbox's...but not my computer problem. it is not a cable problem, as i switched them, and when i plug the line running from the wireless router directly into my computer it works fine...

one weird thing was when i have the line plugged directly into my computer it always says a residential gateway is available. i dont know if that matters, if somebody could please help me it would be great, its annoying switching cables all around!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.