TechSpot

Sudden drop in fps

1. So I sometimes play World Of Tanks on low settings with a stable 60-80 fps and suddenly it's gone down to 15-25 fps. This has happened before and it somehow went back up to 60-80 but I don't know what I did. Please help as I can barely play any of my games anymore!

My Dxdiag is attached

Attached Files:

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

What other games? If it's impacting most games it's usually temperature related.

3. chip igmo

chip igmo TS Member Posts: 60

Games that you play with 'problematic game play'?

use hwinfo or speedfan or cpuid hardware monitor and post temps, voltages (12v+, 5v+, 3.3v+ ratings).

list specifications of your computer (processor, motherboard, memory, video card, storage).

4. midgetgamerpro

midgetgamerpro TS Rookie Topic Starter

You know what happened?

It fixed itself!

(The reason I couldn't reply straight away was because I was on holiday for a week and I'm going on holiday yet again for another 2 weeks so I probably won't be able to reply, sorry)

5. midgetgamerpro

It's come back again so yeah...
    It does effect other games so that's true.
    Um I'm not a computer expert so if you could tell me how to find out all that stuff above then that would be great, I tried getting a new PC but my parents said £1500 was too much, xD

6. midgetgamerpro

Quick update, I just noticed that my own charger couldn't actually charge my computer. All it would say was 'plugged in' not 'charging'. So I had to use my dad's charger and his was able to. Could this be a big issue?

7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Download Speedfan and show us the temps when you're gaming.

Dunno about the charger.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.