Suffering BSOD's Every Ten or Twenty Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

prray

I continue to suffer from BSOD's and I know you've answered questions on this before. Sorry but I thought a new thread would be best given that I have not found a solution to my problem even after reading Howard_hopkinso's opening remarks on the subject.

I have attached some zip files here from my minidump. Unfortunately I have only 3 right now but I'm hoping you can help. I'll also include below my BCCodes. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

BCCode:1000000a BCP1:01C663CA BCP2:0000002 BCP3: 0000001 BCP4: 804DBC9A

I can post others if necessary.

Also Want to Say.....

that I have updated all drivers that would do it, deleted and replaced my paging file and defragged my system. The only suspicious thing I've seen is that my CD ROM driver has a yellow explanation point on it and it says that it's not working but it won't update or isn't fixable using my Dell Windows Drivers and Utilities CD. But it can read a CD so I don't understand. Just thought I would mention it. Thanks again.

Sorry For The Replies But.........

I can't stay on long enough to finish a good one w/out my machine pulling another BSOD. Just wanted to say also that I'm not playing any games, I'm at work doing my normal job which doesn't require anything high-powered computer wise. Also, my Motherboard is at 32 degrees (not sure how this is by the way but that's what it says) based on the little thing I downloaded that someone on this site had suggested to someone else. Finally, my machine has usually shut down overnight when I come in the morning. Nothing is even open except my Outlook that is bringing in the occasional email. Ok, got through it without the usual shut-down. Thanks again.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump is corrupt and unreadable. This might be a sign of faulty ram.

The rest crash with the following bugchecks. 50/0A.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

You should follow the instructions in this thread HERE.

Check that your psu is powerful enough for your system.

Look at this PSU wattage calculator.

Also, check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for futher info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok

I'm going to look at the items you suggested in the links above but one of your comments rings a bell: i believe that this started when the Avast! anti virus software I had on this computer quit being able to download the latest version so I uninstalled it. Maybe this caused the problem? Could it be that it didn't uninstall completely or something and now it's causing these problems? If so, how would I know? Thanks in advance. By the way, here's another few minidumps.

1 minidump crashes at afd.sys. This is the Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock. It is a Windows file. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. this the Windows bootup kernel file. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

I can`t see any evidence in your minidumps that points to you antivirus programme. But it is a possibility. Antivirus programmes can cause BSOD`s, if there is a conlict or something goes wrong.

Regards Howard :)

Ok

so based on the errors you're seeing do have any thoughts on a possible solution? I've done most everything your large post (which you have referenced) says to do. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

One possibility is, your OS may be corrupt. Maybe try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

The problem I`m having in diagnosing your crashes is, your minidumps appear to crash randomly.

This usually points to a hardware problem of some kind. Ram being the most common one. An underpowered/faulty psu is another possibility. A faulty mobo/cpu are also possibilities. However, I have no way of telling exactly what the problem is, based on the minidumps I`ve seen so far.

I don`t suppose I`m being much help at the moment.

Regards Howard :)

No

you're helping fine, it's just a tough one. One thing that I did do is reinstall Avast antivirus and thus far it hasn't crashed again. Maybe just coincidence thus far but I'm going to see if this lasts for a while. If not I'll certainly be back. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Wrong

It would appear that I was wrong. My computer had another BSOD last night at some point. I'm going to try and repair windows like you suggested and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back