TechSpot

Suggest Low Spec Games (Multiplayer/LAN/Network not Online)

By diospada22
Jun 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello guyz.. im new here... to start with, i would like to congratulate this forum for it's continued success... i have been camping in this forum for the last 5 months and u guyz rock!! specially the overcooling mods...

now, i have two computers... one GOOD and one BAD... here are the specs of the two...

GOOD
    Intel Pentium 4 3GHZ
    1 GiG RAM
    GeForce 6800GT (Inno3D Version)
    80 GiG Hard Drive Memory

BAD
    AMD Duron 1.2GHZ
    128 MB RAM
    Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 PRO
    40 GiG Hard Drive Memory

now, what i need are decent LAN/Network games that can run these two systems... please give me games that the BAD computer can play flawlessly (or, not so flawlessly)... because my sister and i are planning to play co-op or battle each other in these two computers (of course, i will use the GOOD one)... any suggestions??

**we want driving and RPG games wherein we kill mobs of monsters or etc... (please don't suggest Diablo and Diablo 2 because we don't allow those games to be installed onto our systems...)
    *also, please write it's category... either FPS Action, RPG, etc... also, if you could include the system requirements please do so...

TNX ALOT GUYZ!!
  2. rgreen

rgreen Newcomer, in training

Explain yourself...

That AMD system is pretty hit. Umm Baldurs Gate maybe? Really I have no idea, sorry.
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Racing:
    - Need for Speed II SE to NFS5: Porsche Unleashed
    - Grand Prix Legends (can be very difficult)

FPS:
    - Half-Life 1 & Opposing Force (if I remember correctly, there are some mods that even add bots)
    - Unreal Tournament
    - Aliens vs. Predator 1
    - Quake 1 & 2
    - Delta Force 2 (might be slow)

RPG/FPS:
    - System Shock 2 (after applying patch that adds multiplayer)

Action:
    - Worms Armageddon

Action/Racing:
    - Carmageddon 1 & 2
    - Grand Theft Auto 2
  4. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

A good game to play with a friend on a LAN would be unreal 2004, Of course on the AMD system you will have to turn down the quality, but I have played it on a 1Ghz with 256megs o ram with a junk graphics card smoothly on med settings. Happy gaming!
  5. diospada22

diospada22 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

guyz... tnx for ur replies!! will try those games..
  6. Lethogar

Lethogar Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

yah UT would definatly be my choice (the original or 2k4 are both good)
  7. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Quake 3 will work. It worked at constant 55+ FPS on my old laptop... P3 733, 192MB RAM, integrated 16mb video.

For misc games... you could always try Charred Dirt (google it) the spiritual sequal to Scorched Earth. I believe it is playable over LAN.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.