Suggestion on Free Anti Virus Program

By o2Ly
Jul 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can someone suggest a good and free Anti Virus program.. Cause i had already used the Kapersky Trial for 30 days and I cant continue using it.. Thx in advance..
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

AVG free from http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/1

Will do the job nicely. By far the most popular free antivirus programme.

I`ve used it for quite some time, and have always found it to be safe and reliable.

Regards Howard :)
  3. o2Ly

o2Ly Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 37

I see, Thx! Can anyone post more comments please so that I can choose..
  4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I've used the paid for Norton and McAfee and I like AVG free much better. It uses less resources and my internet connections seem to load a lot faster with AVG.
  5. o2Ly

Is AVG much better than Kapersky?
  6. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

Kaspersky is supposed to be pretty good, and I've never used it. So I can't say if it's better or not, but AVG is free, Kaspersky's not.
  7. o2Ly

Cant use AVG, there is a problem when im installing AVG into our system.. :( Is there other Free Anti Prog? -olefarte Yah, Kapersky is a good anti prog but i had used the License key and cant use it anymore..

Is there anybody encountered this kind of problem when installing the AVG Anti Virus "Something bad happened in the application. Error diagnostic file saved to 'C:\DOCUME~1\VALUED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\avg7inst.err' "

Can someone teach me how to fix this kind of problem.. I dont have Anti Virus program in my system and my brother is always surfing the net, Im afraid that maybe next time my computer will be infested by virus..
  8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,428   +281

9. puppetgrimm1

puppetgrimm1 Newcomer, in training Posts: 64

Try going here they have a list of free anti-virus programs as well as free FireWall, popup blockers etc...

Hope this helps!
    Late
    Puppetgrimm1
  10. o2Ly

Thx.. Im using NAV 2005 now.. I have 15 days to use it... Hope that i can find a good and free AV program this week. 'Cause i cant use AVG at my computer.. Poor me = /
  11. patio

patio TechSpot Maniac Posts: 700

Why are you having problems installing AVG? ?
    Do you have the latest ver.& and is it the free Personal Edition ? ?
    I have never had a machine that AVG wouldn't install on and i probably do dozens a week...

patio. :cool:

12. o2Ly

I dont know, yah i have downloaded the latest version.. Hope that someone help me...TY
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.