Suggestions for the tech world

OK, I am a senior,and I have been irritated for years,that there is no innovation over minor things, like keyboards and other practical stuff. Here is what I would like to see::)

Ergonomic input devices; everyone knows that typing on keyboards is a big drag because the keyboard is harder than the human bouncing around on it. WHY is this important?I have wondered for years, why there are not keyboards that GIVE MORE THAN THE PERSON TYPING.YES, SOFT KEYBOARDS. Not like a marshmellow, but so they GIVE ENOUGH to function correctly, but so it's the keyboard that gives,and not the PERSON. REGULAR KEYBOARDS do not do this. Anybody wanta experiment on this,I would love it. I guess the touch on the keys would have to be more sensitive. Anyhow,it's an idea. (This also goes for CLICKING--CLICKING causes a lot of tendon problems to heavy users--"repetitive motion damage"--they called mine--make the object to be clicked, softer than the human,or even the input device is SOFTER. --OR very sensitive. Anyone ever used electric typewriters?they had such light touch, you barely had to put pressure on the keys---wonderful,.);)

The 2nd idea is something others have tried,.but the marketing did not do well. THE BLACK CABLES UNDER YER DESK,AND ALL BACK CONNECTING TO EVERYTHING. I HATE THAT. --We users go crazy, trying to figure out where they all are supposed to be connected,and none of the cables and such, ever look different from one another. I would liike to see the beginning of COLOR CODED CABLES to hook everything up. What person would like to see the YELLOW CABLE, always clearly hooked up, and labeled as to what it is?Or the RED CABLE?

WHY the tech world thinks we like going blind, never having innovations that are simple like this???START to color the damn cables, according to where they go and what they do; just short labels on them, too,so you can obviously tell what is what. MAKE the hooking up,reconnecting, ect, for the user, easy!!!--so we always know what is what; If all you guys think this is a trivial, thing for *****s,. let me tell you, every repair man I know, also does not like all the mess of black cables they have to work thru. it's DEPRESSING. it makes the tech equipment of the user, look like a depressing mass of dead snakes, that we users find disconcerting. Ever think that WOMEN WOULD LIKE IT, with color? We look at our liv. room, and that part of the room,and cpu, really suck. Think about it; it needs consumer reaction--however any one wants to do it. I really would like to approach some person or company, who might take this seriously..

(Come to think of it, would it work to color-spray-paint,different cables, except for the ends. yerself?Its one of the easiest ways I could think of.)I am ready to take this idea to female-computer buffs,or females in computer co.s,cause INTERIORS are more important to us,I think.I really think this one's time has come.Anyone have advice on who or where to advance this to, I'd love reactions. thank you!! :) sorry about the violet lettering, didn't realize it was that bright.:cool:

Attachments

• 0002micki.gif
    0002micki.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
The 2nd idea is something others have tried,.but the marketing did not do well. THE BLACK CABLES UNDER YER DESK,AND ALL BACK CONNECTING TO EVERYTHING. I HATE THAT. --We users go crazy, trying to figure out where they all are supposed to be connected,and none of the cables and such, ever look different from one another. I would liike to see the beginning of COLOR CODED CABLES to hook everything up. What person would like to see the YELLOW CABLE, always clearly hooked up, and labeled as to what it is?Or the RED CABLE?
Clearly there are no standards in this area, but your point is well taken. Professional network engineers DO practice defacto color coding, where YELLOW is an uplink (towards the router source) and BLUE are lan links to workstations.

I would like to see all bios's with a print screen option that out-puts an image directly to a usb drive. :)

Back