Sunhold Dial up modem driver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Ok, What all information do you need to help me find this driver?

I have searched everywhere, and can't get any of the drivers I have downloaded to work. I have tried Lucent drivers and some drivers that didn't have an exe, and I had to install them manually.

It would also help if I had step by step process, because I am pretty confused right now.

Also, the computer specs are:

Ram: 512
GPU: PowerColor Radeon 9250 Pro
Processor: AMD Sempron 2200+ (1.5GHZ)
HDD: 20GB

Also, I have another modem that says it is AMBIENT, but I couldn't find the drivers for it...
The chip tells me it is Ambient MD1724T-11VC
There is also a sticker on it that says 20201-100 48802, then under that it says HMI-201921X

One more thing, My sound card (creative) is detected and works, but under the Device Manager it has the ? beside it like it doen'st know what it is...

I believe I found the drivers for your Ambient MD1724T 11VC here, I had to sit through about a dozen or so ads though (alternative to paying $2.99 or something). I already downloaded it and it's being hosted here.

Good luck, hope it works :).

Thanks, but it didn't work.

Right, well, it was "only for nt 4.1"....

What does this mean? Is there an update I can download from this computer and transfer that will cause it to work?

Mmm, I saw one listed for "Win9x" and another for "WinNT4". I assumed the one labeled NT4 included the OS's built off of that technology. Guess not.. :(. Sorry!

Well, I found the driver. it was one of the Intel chipset drivers. I went through about 7 before I found it, though. :p

Haha nice... I was just starting to suspect that because I saw quite a few search engine results with the word "chipset".

Ok, a larger problem, I still ahve dial up, and am now needing a driver for it supporting Vista... uh oh... lol

Do you think that Vista will have drivers included? If not, where do you think I could find one, considering how hard it was for Xp?

Remember to un-install then reboot the PC for each one you try out, otherwise you'll have issues. If this is for vista you might have to copy the folder or install manually but don't let the installer install the driver. You do it manually. I just did one yesterday for Vista Business, just won't install otherwise..

great more work :p

I can't even find anything "sunhold" related there, and can't remember what driver I used in XP....

NEvermind, noticed it was for the Ambient!

A problem: There are so many Ambient ones I don't know what to choose.. .and the one I found that I started to download was an exe, and very fishy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back