Switching to lower resolution with MAG LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I'm not sure this belongs in this forum - the heading for "audio and video" said video cards and my problem is about the screen itself. Anyway, if this isn't the right forum tell me and I'll post again.

I have a MAG Innovision 17" LCD monitor, model 780, prod. # MS-776, on Win XP.

Currently it's identified as a "plug and play" device. My current settings are 1280x1024 32 bit (highest available in the settings menu). In order to play a game I want to change the setting to 800x600. When I do that, the screen goes blank and I get a "mode not supported" message from the screen.

I tried looking for appropriate drivers but I couldn't find one for my model (not even on the MAG website).

Can anyone tell me what I should do to make it work?

Thank you,
Zohar

The resolution shouldn't be an issues. It could be that with the lower resolution the refresh rate gets set too high for the monitor.

Try forcing the screen to 800x600@60Hz and see how that works.

zohar said:
(...) if this isn't the right forum tell me and I'll post again.
In the future, if you post in the wrong forum, don't make a new post, instead PM a moderator and (s)he'll do move it for you.

Switching to 60Hz didn't help (all it does is hurt my eyes...).

I actually managed to fix the software problem I had (I was trying to run an old game but I managed to run it in a window instead of full screen). Still strange why I can't lower the resolution, though.

Zohar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back