TechSpot

Switching to lower resolution with MAG LCD

By zohar
Apr 1, 2007
  1. Hello.

I'm not sure this belongs in this forum - the heading for "audio and video" said video cards and my problem is about the screen itself. Anyway, if this isn't the right forum tell me and I'll post again.

I have a MAG Innovision 17" LCD monitor, model 780, prod. # MS-776, on Win XP.

Currently it's identified as a "plug and play" device. My current settings are 1280x1024 32 bit (highest available in the settings menu). In order to play a game I want to change the setting to 800x600. When I do that, the screen goes blank and I get a "mode not supported" message from the screen.

I tried looking for appropriate drivers but I couldn't find one for my model (not even on the MAG website).

Can anyone tell me what I should do to make it work?

Thank you,
    Zohar

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

The resolution shouldn't be an issues. It could be that with the lower resolution the refresh rate gets set too high for the monitor.

Try forcing the screen to 800x600@60Hz and see how that works.

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

In the future, if you post in the wrong forum, don't make a new post, instead PM a moderator and (s)he'll do move it for you.

4. zohar

zohar TS Rookie Topic Starter

Switching to 60Hz didn't help (all it does is hurt my eyes...).

I actually managed to fix the software problem I had (I was trying to run an old game but I managed to run it in a window instead of full screen). Still strange why I can't lower the resolution, though.

Zohar

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.