TechSpot

System crash

By momsgonelooney
Dec 26, 2008
  1. I completely crashed my system the other day. I did a whole new reinstall of windows and updated all my drivers. My problem is that when I start my system it has to always dtect the gigaraid. I'm not sure what that is (lol) that's why I'm here. Is there anything that will detect this thing and update it for me? If not how do I install it so it stops having to go through a complete detection every time I start my computer? I'm attaching a everrest report just in case I'm not explaining the device properly.

Attached Files:

2. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 320

Sounds like a raid controller. Might want to check the bios, but most raid controllers wont give you much of a choice as to disable it. Depends on your bios though.

3. momsgonelooney

momsgonelooney TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 124

that's what it is. I just don't know how to set it up properly. It keeps detecting and configuring it every time I start the computer. Can anyone help me with this problem?

4. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 320

Well, if you dont have any raid drives, and it is a PCI card, just remove it. If not check your bios' advanced setting to turn off that raid controller. If you could provide the Motherboard model and bios type, i could look into it further.

5. momsgonelooney

momsgonelooney TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 124

my system specs are in an attachment in the first post of the topic. Thank you for your help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.