System Freezes When Installing Drivers For AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computergeek564

Hi :wave:

Just a second ago i was looking at a thread >>> http://www.systemrequirementslab.co...tion_option_id=2139&submit2.x=103&submit2.y=0 and i checked the system specs for a game and it said beside the information for the AGP card, that i had to update my drivers, so i did that, ATI wizard said that i had to download Net Framework, all ok i did that, then it told me that i couldnt install it, so i restarted and booted up, downloaded it and installed it. All went fine untill i downloaded the AGP drivers again and tried to install them, but when it gets to the install screen, my system just freezes

Any help would be much appreciated

Yep i downloaded that, but it said that i couldnt install it, rebooted the comp, installed perfectly, and then i went on to download the AGP drivers, done that, went on to install them and then the installation screen pops up, 1,2,3,4 seconds in system freezes, ALT F4, CTRL ALT DEL, and nothing

Did the package say why it couldn't install? Something may need to be uninstalled or updated before you can install the framework...

Ah, what card are you using. I am not familiar with the ATi setup (nVIDIA user) so I can't really relate to what's going on. Is the card an AGP? You may need to download new mobo drivers or maybe the drivers aren't compatible with your card.

im using the ATI Radeon 9600 series

i think it was because i didnt have the framework installed first, and thats why i doesnt work

No, use Driver Cleaner 1.5 to sort out ANY problems with display drivers. This is a great little program and I've had to use it a bunch of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back