System requirements questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

runescape

hi(my first post) ,
i have theese stuff on my computer
AMD sempron(tm) 2400+ 1.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM and i dont no anything about the video card; i have 2 drives altogether 210gb.

main point my friend from luton will give me need for speed pro street and here are the system requiments(minuim)

OS - Windows XP/Vista (FAT16 and FAT32 File Systems are not supported by Digital Delivery)
Processor – 2.8GHz or faster (Windows Vista requires 3.0 GHz)
Memory – 512 MB RAM (Windows Vista requires 1 GB RAM)
Hard Drive – 8.1 GB (16 GB required for Digital Delivery)
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED (not required for Digital Delivery)
Video Card – 128 MB with Pixel Shader 2.0 (AGP and PCIe only)*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 9500 or greater.
----------------------------------------------
as i was saying i want those erquirments like how can i get them and where from>? and how to get my processor up higher so its fast enough

You left 6mins between posts, calm down.

This is a global site and people cant answer your questions when they are sleeping. have a bit of patience please.

Find out about the video card - make sure it has more than 128 Mb of RAM. Look at the top of the screen when you first boot up - it will show the card and the RAM on it,

AlbertLionheart said:
Find out about the video card - make sure it has more than 128 Mb of RAM. Look at the top of the screen when you first boot up - it will show the card and the RAM on it,

howdo i check the video card??

The game spec says min 128 Mb RAM - without that it is not worth checking the rest as video performance is absolutely critical.

You need
1) a little patience. I told you how to check the card you have. Why not do that first?
2) a local shop you can take it to if this process is too slow for you.

AlbertLionheart said:
You need
1) a little patience. I told you how to check the card you have. Why not do that first?
2) a local shop you can take it to if this process is too slow for you.

iwent on deivice manger on control panel and saw no trace of video card

Try looking at display - I still recommend you restart the machine and look at the opening screen which should tell you all you need to know about your graphics card.

RIght click on Desktop, go to properties, click settings tab, now go to ADVANCED, on the bottom right.

You will see a tab labled " Adapter"

copy the information in there to us.

AND.........your CPU sucks btw, get a new one, it wont run that game for sure.

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Waiting for specs ...

I think it is wiser not to have other support replies until runescape does the above.
(looking at all his posts here and elsewhere)

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Display' then on 'GPU', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-gpu' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home folder and then reports and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'registers' stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

CCT said:
Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Display' then on 'GPU', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-gpu' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home folder and then reports and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'registers' stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

im not usa though i'm england

This has nothing to do with the graphics card.
This is the advice about what everest needs to run - ie - all versions on windows and it is freeware so you do not have to pay for it.
Click on the download button and then run when offered the choice.
I still think
A) it is easier to check on the boot screen
B) if you are not sure about any of this you should take it to a shop
C) your CPU is probably not up to the game anyway.

Although I'm some what hesitant to help you...

Click Start => Run => Type "dxdiag.exe" => Click run => Click yes on the dialogue box that appears => Open the Display tab at the top of the screen.

It should give you some details about your graphics card there, including VRAM.

If you would like help beyond this, try to follow the simple instructions several people have already suggested before you get impatient and rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back