TechSpot

System Shock 2 returns after 14-year hiatus

By Shawn Knight
Feb 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Are you a gamer that doesn’t have a date for Valentine’s Day this year? Looking to rekindle an old flame? Does nostalgia have a special place in your heart? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you might be...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,369   +405

Cool...I've never played this but have heard about it for years. Ten bucks is worth taking a shot at this one.

mattfrompa likes this.
  3. dikbozo

dikbozo TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

I still have the original and its box. Creepy freaking thing. I have heard those sounds in my nightmares ever since.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,337   +806

It was a good game & I really enjoyed it but it had it's time in the sun and times have moved on. If you really want to play it (ancient graphics notwithstanding) I don't suppose 10 bucks is too much.

5. Still got the game and box, install it every couple years.
    Still the scarriest game in history, took me 2 years to beat it the first time. I crawled literally the entire game because I didn't want to make any footsteps or be seen through the glass......
    Turn it on
    Turn off the lights
    Good luck (good bye)

6. First time I heard the robot nurses I almost wet myself

7. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 604   +106

I remember trying to play System Shock 2 co-op back in the day. It actually made it scarier as the connection was so bad my friends kept disappearing and then reappearing somewhere else.

Also times when my friends could see me but I couldn't see them and they couldn't affect the world in any way, like Randell and Hopkirk deceased relocated to a terrifying space ship.

Amazing game none the less.

8. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 139   +17

I never finished it for one reason or another. I just purchased it and re installed, this time I will finish it for sure. it was one scary game at the time.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.