TechSpot

T-Mobile flips the switch on unlimited 4G data in the US

By Shawn Knight
Sep 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile has made good on their promise last month to deliver unlimited 4G data plans free of throttling, overage fees and bandwidth caps. In celebration of their 10th anniversary in the US, the fourth largest telecom is also dishing up...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 714   +217

This is why you don't let a scumbag outfit like AT&T have a GSM monopoly.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 850   +220

TMobile, AT&T and Sprint won't be in business in 5 years.
    Verizon offers more 4G coverage then all of them combined.
    Verizon's signal reliability is easily superior overall.

All the shiny phones and thier little features companies like Tmobile sell to fool a couple teenie's isn't going to change the fact that in the end its about signal quality and stability of the service itself.
    Just my 02.
  4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Is that right? Won't be in business you say? Where do you get your insider secrets?
    ECHTECH likes this.
  5. likedamaster

likedamaster TS Member Posts: 83   +12

Verizon also has the higher rates, and the slowest speed of the 4. And oh yeah, you can either call or surf on your phone, not both.
    ECHTECH likes this.
  6. ECHTECH

ECHTECH TS Rookie

Signal strength varies with all carries and largely depends on were you are in relation to the towers.

Please enlighten us with more of your insight!
  7. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 345   +56

Amazing how you say you can't surf and talk at the same time considering I have been doing that on my Verizon phone for a while now.
  8. likedamaster

I spoke without thinking. I meant iPhone.
  9. Camikazi

That I did not know, what exactly is the reason for that if other Verizon phones can do both (aside from Apple just being slow)?
  10. likedamaster

Yeah, I know, it's true though. I decided against Verizon 'cause of it. There's no telling why, though. Maybe the reason why is out there already we just have to google it. (I'm lazy)
  11. Jibberish18

This reply says it well. Found with Google....or was it Bing?

12. Jibberish18

BTW I know Verizon was developing something to allow users on their networks to do both at once BUT A) You'd need new hardware to take advantage and B) LTE already allows this and most of their new phones are using LTE so I don't think they care anymore.
  13. Camikazi

That could be it, my phone is a LTE one and maybe my last one had the hardware to do this as well.
  14. aaron.w.73

aaron.w.73 TS Rookie

The reason you can't on the iPhone is because it only has one antenna,You need two to surf and talk one connects to the 3g network and the other the lte network however Apple opted to put just one antenna in the iPhone!Most android phones put the 2 needed!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.