T2240 emachine video card replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I need a bit of advice on getting a new video card for my T2240 emachine; All my slots are white/gray incolor....I bought a card but it was the wrong one...what type of card can it take...also whats a good low-end card with, I think it was pixel shading? (have a game that needs it) and one more thing...will increasing my ram help speed an on-line game up? Will I need to upgrade my power supply...and I did by one of those....but....its large and mounts differantly (wont fit inside)...can I hook it up as an external power supply with no problems?

Sounds like you dont have either a AGP slot or a PCI-E slot which means your stuck with a PCI card. and there are not a wide range of cards to choose from in PCI. Hooking up a PSU externally is both dangerous and impractical.

To be honest with you, you'd be better off building a new pc. From what you said you don't have an agp (accelerated graphics port) slot which in most cases is a brown coloured slot. All you have is pci (peripheral component interconnect) slots. You could get a pci graphics card but it really would be a waste of money as it probably still wouldn't allow you to play a game that needs pixel shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back