taga lipa are! virus, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

renniel

I'm having the same problem as jhae which he posted march 8, 2007. i cannot open hard drives by double clicking them and there is autoplay in the menu when i right click the icon. also there's a "TAGA LIPA ARE!" in the title bar of IE. i searched the web for solution and receive almost the same instructions where i have to show hidden files, delete fs6519.dll.vbs and autorun.inf on my hard drives, then regedit and remove fs6519.dll.vbs, and then msconfig.

here are the problems i encountered:
-when i showed the hidden files i still can't find any fs6519.dll.vbs or autorun.inf on any of my hard drives.
-somehow i was able to remove the autoplay option on my hard drives and the "TAGA LIPA ARE!" on IE by deleting all fs6519 files i found in regedit, then run msconfig and disable the fs6519 in the startup, but the problem is when i restart pc everything's back to abnormal. what should i do?

i forgot to mention when pc restarts a message about windows changing configurations and something about reload points. sorry i was not able to note the message. thanks in advance.

and one more thing i followed the link mr howard hopkinso gave jhae but i cannot understand the part where i have to modify c:\autorun.inf and remove c:\fs6519... how do i do that?

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Download this TOOL. Extract it and run the Noob_kill.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of renniel only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

That`s great news, but I`d still like you to follow the instructions and post the requested logfiles. Then we can make sure your system is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of renniel only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back