TechSpot

Target to launch Brightspot mobile service this weekend

By Shawn Knight
Oct 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Target is planning to launch a branded pre-paid mobile phone service that will compete with a similar service from rival Walmart. It’s called Brightspot and it’ll be launching on T-Mobile’s nationwide network starting October 6 according to a recent post...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,156   +737

Ok, so Target is offering 1GB plans for $50 on T-mobile's network. T-mobile offers 1GB for $70 on the same network with no contract. What's to stop current T-mobile customers from switching over to Target's plan? Perhaps any equipment plans would have to paid off... but that's about it I think.

And I wonder if T-mobile is a little upset about getting undercut by the company they're leasing their network to.

3. nubwaxer

nubwaxer TS Rookie

"And I wonder if T-mobile is a little upset about getting undercut by the company they're leasing their network to." they are not.
    if you have a t-mobile compatible gsm phone you can get 100 minutes, unlimited data and text for $30/month. if you just talk talk talk all the time you can use your data connection for a voip service or a wifi connection. there is nothing else close to this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.