TechSpot

Target to launch Brightspot mobile service this weekend

By Shawn Knight
Oct 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Target is planning to launch a branded pre-paid mobile phone service that will compete with a similar service from rival Walmart. It’s called Brightspot and it’ll be launching on T-Mobile’s nationwide network starting October 6 according to a recent post...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

Ok, so Target is offering 1GB plans for $50 on T-mobile's network. T-mobile offers 1GB for $70 on the same network with no contract. What's to stop current T-mobile customers from switching over to Target's plan? Perhaps any equipment plans would have to paid off... but that's about it I think.

And I wonder if T-mobile is a little upset about getting undercut by the company they're leasing their network to.

3. nubwaxer

nubwaxer TS Rookie

"And I wonder if T-mobile is a little upset about getting undercut by the company they're leasing their network to." they are not.
    if you have a t-mobile compatible gsm phone you can get 100 minutes, unlimited data and text for $30/month. if you just talk talk talk all the time you can use your data connection for a voip service or a wifi connection. there is nothing else close to this.