TASCAM US144 and Windows XP Pro Pops and Clicks

Aug 8, 2009
  1. I bought Tascam US-144 for my home studio using windows xp pro and when I am listening to sound over the internet there are pops, clicks and sometimes sounds just drops out all together. I did have a problem with getting the Multimedia driver to install correctly I am wondering if my Notebook is having some kind of conflict with the US-144 but I don't know how to check? Here are my specs:

MX6440 Notebook Specifications
    [class=size1]Part Number: 1008824Gateway MX6440 Notebook

[font]Feature [font]Description Processor AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology ML-32
    Operates at 1.8 GHz | 512 KB L2 Cache
    HyperTransport™ technology at up to 1600 MHz) Screen 15.4-inch Widescreen Ultrabright WXGA TFT Chipset ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M Chipset (RS482M) Memory 1024 MB DDR (2 × 512 MB) (PC2700) SODIMM
    Expandable to 2 GB Video Integrated Radeon® X300 based graphics
    Up to 64 MB shared video memory Audio AC '97 2.3 Compliant Audio
    Built-in speakers Hard Drive 100 GB hard drive (4200 RPM) Optical Drive DVD+/-RW Multi-Format Double Layer (up to 8.5 GB) Write maximum: 8X DVD +/-R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-R DL, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW
    Read maximum: 8X DVD-R/RW/ROM, 4X DVD+/-R DL, RAM, 24X CD-R/RW/ROM discs
    Media Reader 4-in-1 Digital Media Manager
    Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick-Pro, and MMC Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem Network 10/100 Mbps built-in Ethernet
    802.11g Wireless LAN (up to 54 Mbps)
    SecureEasySetup™, 125 High Speed Mode, BroadRange™ Technology Interfaces
    4 - USB 2.0 Ports
    1 - VGA External Connector
    1 - IEEE 1394 port
    1 - RJ11
    1 - RJ45
    Microphone In
    Headphone / Audio Out
    Pointing Device Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone PCMCIA 1 - Type I or Type II; Card Bus Battery 6-cell Lithium-ion Dimensions 1.31 to 1.40-inches H × 14.09-inches W × 10.39-inches D Weight 6.28 pounds (2.92 kg)
  2. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

And the sounds go away when you disconnect the Tascam?

How is it connected... specific devices, sockets, plugs?
  3. BMOG

BMOG TS Rookie Topic Starter

USB May Be My Issue

I was using USB for the Tascam but I ended up taking it back and bought the Lexicon U22 and I am getting better response but not what I am use to until by accident I did not connect my keyboard via usb which I am using as the midi keyboard for my laptop and without the keyboard connected the software and the sound card respond with no problems. I am wondering if I am having USB conflicts when using more than one USB port at one time, I have four and I need to use them all. Is there anyway to check to see if I am having USB conflicts???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.