Task manager Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspot777

:hotbounce Someone please help my computer's task manager got taken over my malware and i don't know how to get rid of it please help. can i delete and get it back?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted your other thread for this. Please don`t open any more threads for this problem.

Instead of using the link provided by rik, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of superspot777 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thats just the avg result!! What we need is your HJT log!!!!

This thread is for the use of superspot777 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

As rik said, we need your HJT log. See HERE for instructions.

Delete the file in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Regards Howard :)

I have merged one thread into this one and deleted your other thread. Do not open any more threads for this problem.

The HJT log you posted is not correct.

Follow the instructions in my post above, then post a fresh HJT log.

I can`t see any HJT log.

See HERE for instructions on how to post your HJT log.

It won't let me post it again cause i already post it at the begin
sorry for troubling you and how do i delete my previoius one?

Ok, I`ve removed your other log files, now see if you can attach your HJT log.

That still isn`t a correct HJT log.

Which bit of these instructions are you having difficulty in following?

This is what a HJT log file is supposed to look like. See my attachment.

I shouldn`t have to keep deleting your log files, but I have done.

Ah at last.

Now there`s only one problem.

You haven`t renamed HijackThis.exe to Hijackthis1991.exe.

This is taken from your HJT log.

C:\Program Files\hijackThis\HijackThis1991.exe\HijackThis.exe

As you can see, you`re still running HijackThis.exe and not HijackThis1991.exe

Go HERE and follow the instructions for renaming HijackThis.exe.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

support.com
client
lserver

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\lserver\server.vbs

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{79747D12-3381-4368-87B9-1D5E97F0C3A4}: NameServer = 24.144.0.4,24.144.0.222<Only fix this if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

c:\program files\support.com<Delete the entire support.com folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Go HERE and install either AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes and either Zonealarm or kerio firewall programmes as per the instructions.

Then run them as per the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Your HJT log is clean.

However, it seems you have not installed antivirus or firewall software as per my instructions.

Your system is at serious risk of further infection if you don`t install antivirus/firewall software.

Do yourself a favour and go HERE and follow the instructions for installing and running Antivirus/firewall software.

:wave: i;m sorry i was thinking that you are waiting and i rushed i will do as you say thanks a bunch i'm glad for people like you in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back