TechSpot

Taskbar question

By learninmypc
Oct 25, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Far right end of taskbar, when my mouse touches it, the website disappears, move mouse,it reappears. What is it called? TIA

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,591   +335

Its the verticle bar about an 1/8 of an inch wide or less?

3. learninmypc

photo (1).JPG
    Right clicking that tiny sliver of the taskbar at the right end, I get this box. What is that slivers name??

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

Don't know which version of Windows you are talking about, but it was there in Win 7, and it's purpose is 'show desktop' It is a toggle-switch that hides/unhides everything except the desktop itself. On my win 7 pro touching it with the mouse cursor does not activate it, it just puts up a standard identity message saying 'show desktop'. You have to actually click it to get the action. Action on mouse-over may be connected to whether your desktop icons are set to work on click or double-click, but that's a guess - who cares anyway.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

I believe the name is Aero Peek.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero#Windows_7
    Like gbhall said; if you check the option for peek, when you mouse over the area, desktop is all that is visible. If peek is not checked, you will need to click the area to toggle show desktop on and off.

6. learninmypc