Taskmanager Doesn't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhashey

Hello all,
I've been wrestling with this problem all day. My Control Alt Delete will not open the task manager. Also, if I click on the system tray and try to open it from there it does not work. If I enter "taskmgr" in RUN it says something to the effect "Another program is currently using this file." I've read through the forums here and have seen people with similar problems but no solution has worked for me yet. I have run all kinds of adware and spyware programs, including spy doctor, spybot S and D, Adaware, and some other downloads suggested on the forum such as crossshredder(I think it was). Those programs turn up nothing. I ran hijackthis and here is my print out. I know enough about computers to know that I shouldn't mess with this stuff without a second opinion. Someone please help, I'm lost with this problem!!!!! Any Help would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks - Joe

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with at least one trojan and probably other nasties as well.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jhashey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard,
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately your "HERE" button doesn't have a link, or it does and I cannot click on it. Could you either email me the link or instructions? That would be a great help, and I appreciate your time already. My email should be posted, but it is jhash75@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Joe

Thanks Howard, got it. Im running the scans now, and I also took your posted advice to fill out my profile a little better. I will post the log as soon as the scans are done!

Here is my new hijackthis log. I followed all the instructions, and some found some unwanted programs and a trojan. Not all trojans could be deleted with the programs so I had to manually do it. This has taken care of most of my problems, the task manager works, but my computer has started to run a little sluggish. Is there anything you notice in the log? Thanks for your time!
Joe

Sorry, but you`re using an outdated version of HJT. The current version is 1.99.1.

Once you have the latest version, please post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name. See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

distributed.net client (dnetc)

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

iosdt.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIGServices] C:\Program Files\ESPNRunTime\DIGServices.exe /brand=ESPN /priority=0 /poll=24

O16 - DPF: {85D1F3B2-2A21-11D7-97B9-0010DC2A6243} (SecureLogin class) - http://secure2.comned.com/signuptemplates/securelogin-devel.cab

O23 - Service: distributed.net client (dnetc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\iosdt

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log and let us know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jhashey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back