TechSpot

Team Fortress 2 Mann vs. Machine update intros co-op horde mode

By Matthew
Aug 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Valve has announced a new mode for Team Fortress 2 that pits Red and Blu against a common threat: robots. Set to launch Wednesday, August 15, the Mann vs. Machine (MvM) update will introduce a co-op component that tasks you…

Read more

2. Looks quite interesting...

3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 962   +205

SUPER pumped about this. I haven't played much TF2 over the past year, but I'll definitely reinstall for some co-op action. This looks great!

4. Team Lead: "We need to add something new to TF2 to continue selling hats into the near future"
    Business Manager: "L4D and L4D2 made a lot of money. How similar is it to TF2? Can you replicate its success?"
    Team Lead: "Hmm... I suppose we could take the zombies and replace them with robots..."
    Business Manager: "Great, get to it! We've got hats to sell!"
    Team Lead: "Zug, zug."

5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

I don't wear hats but I shoot zombies in the face. I think I can be cross trained to shoot machines in the face too.

6. DanUK

DanUK TS Booster Posts: 211   +9

Haven't played TFC/TF2 in a longggg time however am definitely up for trying this out.. I'm a complete sucker for Horde game mode (recently busted out Gears 3 for a cheeky few rounds).

7. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 513   +8

Looking at the AI from Valve... this is gona be hard =D

8. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

Perhaps this warrants a return of Techspot's Friday Night Fragfest?

Burty117 likes this.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,920   +686

Agreed, bring em back! ;)

10. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

+1 Burty, I haven't played TF2 in ages, being busy with life and all, but I guess it will be fun to give it a shot :)

Burty117 likes this.
  11. I never start out on easy mode with any game, and I mean ANY GAME. But even the normal mode of MvM makes me want to start playing on easy. It's a fun game mode with a challenging objective - One of Valve's best contributions to TF2.