TechSpot

Team VVV releases 7 minutes worth of Project Cars gameplay

By Russ Boswell
Jan 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The folks behind upcoming racer Project Cars recently released a slew of incredible screenshots, and now we're getting some video courtesy of Veni Vidi Vici. Team VVV put together a little over 7 minutes worth of gameplay, complete with some...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

The future is here guys! The crowd actually looks realistic! Not just a bunch of blurred dots!

ikesmasher and Puiu like this.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

Now if only nVidia could introduce G-Force into their GeForce drivers. lol

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,546   +2,341

Looks promising!

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

No, really, show the game footage!

That looks fantastic. And knowing that it's all compressed and color munched by streaming video it'll look even better in person.

7. IKROWNI

IKROWNI TS Member Posts: 27

I would like to see a comparison later on of the graphics controllers on console vs the pc at max... I would imagine the consoles version will still look like cardboard cutouts on the consoles. Basically this will just look like another for a without the hardware to run it nicely.

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,481   +2,035

It looks really nice and although I can't really see the crowd, I'll have to take their word for it. The car looks like a right handful with it's loose front end.
    Apart from GTA V on PC, it's the only game I've recently seen that I'd take an interest in.

9. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 846   +335

Looks great, except maybe smoke. But too me NFS Rivals looks good, Forza 5 and other newest racing games, it's still gameplay what it's all about.

10. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

What I'm the most impressed about is that both of the side mirror are actually showing you what is behind you. That means that they are basically rendering the scene three different times per frame while maintaining that level of visual fidelity.

11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +273

Looks a LOT like SHIFT 2 I think... I loved that game. The only thing I want to see an option for which I didn't see in this video was 1:1 steering ratio. If my wheel has 900 degrees I want to use all of it and I want it to accurately work the same in the game.