Tech Tip: Get Facebook's New Timeline Right Now

A completely working Procedure.
Yes, but one thing . .

Once done.
Go to Your 'Profile' Tab. .don't just wait on the Home Screen.
That's the mistake I was doing.

Thanks TechSpot.
Love You!

Worked! I like it too. It's a fun change. Too bad none of your friends can see it unless they do it too.

Really thanks, it worked for me. I only had to wait for 2-3 seconds.

The only thing I'd add to that article is that at the end of it all when you put in the action you wanna work on and click "get started"? You have to go through the whole setup for that action before you'll get the invite.. there are three stages. You don't have to add any real content though, just click "save/next" at the bottom of each stage until you finish.

Then you get an invitation on your personal profile to try it out.

Any change to the News feed ?
Please change it so that the News feed stays as it was originally but any "Top stories" are (also) in a separate "top stories" tab instead of mixed in the usual News feed messing up the order.

For the last bloody time, there is NO CHANGE TO THE NEWS FEED. This is the way they WANT it, and frankly the way I want it too. They've -already- changed the news feed.. this is what they changed it to.

Personally I think any changes that make your life less private and more vulnerable are a bad idea. Fortunately I only joined Facebook recently so not much damage done. I sarted setting up Private Groups and then the feature disappeared. Either that's a bug or Facebook wants to eliminate any semblence of privacy altogether in their newest release. Not surprising as I understand Facebook was set up and financed by people from the Justice Department and CIA.

Surely this is one of the most drastic change that has ever happened to Facebook. With the launch of this new timeline profile, Facebook has covered a lot of areas where it lacked and for sure made the competition even tougher for Google+.

Guest said:
Right so... is there anyway to go back? I don't really care for it...
You can go to the Facebook Developer page again and delete your app (or just the Action Type you created in Open Graph). However, you'll still be migrated to the new version over the coming weeks as Facebook rolls out the update to everyone.

the photos page on my profile is "buggy". I'm seeing some random status updates where there should be none (it's the PHOTOS page) and some of the photo albums are pushed off to the side of the page. Needs fixing!

it's not working for me in opera, but it works in firefox. Is there a way to make it work in opera as well?

Is there a way if you are a business, to apply the change to your fan page?

I got a problem in getting this kind of app. After the captcha, it goes back to the 1st page which is (Dev namespace and etc) while having this kind of message "You can no longer create apps because our systems indicated that your account may not be authentic. Facebook requires users to provide their real first and last names, and fake accounts are a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (SRR 4.1), even when used to host or test apps. Also note that maintaining multiple accounts, even if they are authentic, is also prohibited. If you would like to create a test user to test app functionality, you can do so here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/test_users/.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please submit an appeal: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact_us.php?id=140703502680919." at the top of it.

Hope I could get a response from here :)

I think the Cover Image is too tall. Reduce 3/5 of it. That way the Profile Picture can get close to the top edge. Like this:

or like this:

After all settings I forgot to click "Facebook Timeline Beta" and it doesn't appear anymore. Where can I find this "button" to click it and start using timeline ?

If you need some details, please watch our video series on "Timeline", which is what the new profile is called. We have a three part vid series that goes into great detail in real time, to show you how to use it, create lists, . set up your privacy, and much more.
Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjaLu83oQxo

I think what you're referring to is nka Secret Groups on FB. It's still possible to create/participate in a Group that only its members are aware of.

Has anyone noticed that for the past week or so the cover picture display is cut short?

Back