Tech Tip of the Week: Get the Most Out of Your Google Search Results

By Jos
Sep 24, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. Google is supposed to be easy to use, so why complicate it? Well, for starters, these functions are meant save you a lot of time and effort. I'm sure the more inquisitive of you know all about the basics, like quoting your searches to find exact matches, and then some -- but that's truly just the tip of the iceberg. Today we'll be highlighting some of our favorite Google search tricks.

This week's tip: Get the Most Out of Your Google Search Results
    http://www.techspot.com/guides/199-get-more-out-of-google-search/
  2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

This is great! Where was Google 25 years ago when I needed it for my homework?
  3. LightHeart

LightHeart Newcomer, in training Posts: 155

Thanks for the tips, BTW I tried several of the tips on Bing and they all worked as well.
  4. Captain828

Captain828 TechSpot Guru Posts: 277

Thanks for the tips! I knew some, but had no clue about others like math problems and specialized file-type searches
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,823   +1,435

Are you serious? lol

Maybe next week we will see a comparable article on "How to get the most out of your Bing search".
  6. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,184   +230

After I heard about the malware bing was serving I decided NEVER.
  7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

This thread was started in 2009.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,823   +1,435

Then I must be caught in the same trap as captaincranky mentioned with entrapment. I only click on the most recent topics. So I don't understand why this one would have shown in the list.

Regardless sorry for the necro, I'm usually one of the first to point them out. This one got passed me. :/
  9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,421   +217

A spammer revived this thread and was deleted.
    learninmypc and cliffordcooley like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.