TechSpot

TechSpot Best of IFA 2016: This is what's next

By Julio Franco
Sep 6, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. After several long days seeking out the best products on show at IFA’s 1.6 million square foot display area, I returned home from Berlin both impressed and excited about the future of technology.

    The sheer variety of high-end devices on show was mind-boggling: hoverboards, coffee makers, pet feeders, PCs, drones, cameras, sewing machines, connected fridges, headphones, thousands of TVs -- picking just ten things wasn’t easy. But in the end, it was these items that showed the kind of innovation, potential, cutting-edge tech, or “wow” factor that really made them stand out above the rest. Here are TechSpot’s best picks from IFA 2016.

    Read the complete article.

     
  2. m4a4

    m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 750   +270

    I'm still not sold on a touch keyboard. I generally like resting my fingers on the keys.

    So unless I have to use pressure to "hit" the key, I don't see it being useful for me. I'm also a gamer, so resting my fingers on wasd is expected lol
     
  3. batsdude

    batsdude TS Member Posts: 52   +16

    Serious shame that this article only covered what most people can never afford in this lifetime. It's true that there are those would that sell their first child to get tech items with a very short popularity season to keep up with the Facebooker's (wonder what happened to the Jone's?) twisted version of the 'nouveau-got-to have it-don't know why-so-don't-ask-why-just cause someone else does' 'hip', but the large majority of people just cannot afford $300 headsets, anymore than a new $300-400 cel phones every 3 months, as a status thing,and completely overpriced plastic hardware that just doesn't last. This would have been a good article IF, and only IF, Franco had taken into consideration the simple fact that the rich are only 2% and the rest of us are in that 98%! Hell. With his descriptions of "...high-end devices on show was mind-boggling..." there had to be some gadgets that were both practical as well as affordably innovative!
     
  4. hahahanoobs

    hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,630   +431

    Arrows to flip through the pages are broken. They only work if I reload each page. I'm using latest Chrome browser.
     
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. mailpup

    mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

    Do you see any "dots" underneath the IFA picture? If so, try clicking on them one at a time. I use FireFox and I have both arrows at the top right and the previously mentioned dots. I don't have Chrome so I can't see your problem myself.
     
  6. hahahanoobs

    hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,630   +431

    Dots below don't work either, but I just tried the "view on one page" button and it works.
     
  7. Julio Franco

    Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 7,058   +645

    To be honest we've always received random reports of the slideshow not working properly however we've tested with all the latest browsers (stock configuration) and on mobile and the keyboard/touch functionality works for us... at least there's the single page version, but also the reason we don't use this format so often :eek: Topic for a separate discussion but if you are blocking JS or ads, maybe that's part of the reason.

    Consider this is not a buying guide, and neither are expos where next-gen products, concept and prototypes are shown. This is more about innovation and what's coming next. New products/innovation tends to be more expensive, which usually translates in older technology becoming more affordable and mainstream.
     

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...