Techspot, Why???

paranoid guy

Here's a question. I wanted to search the forums for the words "quote of the day", but techspot won't use the words quote, of, the.
How do I stop this?

Just as you did in this post - enclose the whole of your term in quotation marks.

The only post you'll likely find is your own though.

I would imagine it's because whenever the
vB tag is used, the word "quote:" is prefixed to the quoted text, and so the results it would turn up on its own would be useless.

depends - in what context do you need to use it - what are you searching for? something specific?

Well...

There was this great post I read a while ago and it had a "Quote of the Day"
taken off a site on the internet. I can't remember who did it. I wanted to copy and paste the quote into bebo (I'd give him credit, obviously). All I can remember is quote of the day, and how good it was.

That's it!!!

Woo Hoo!
Spike, if you were a woman I'd love you. But you're not, I think, so I'll just offer you a congratulatory handshake. Oh, and I'll give you credit too. Nice one. Thanks

lol! how do you know that? My chosen name may not nessecarily reflect my gender. lol Or I could just be kidding you. I guess you'll never know whether I'm a normal guy, a butch lesbian, or a "tom and jerry" cartoon character. That's the internet for you I guess. :D

LMAO.

No problem. happy to help. :)

Back