TechSpot

TechSpot's Laptop Buying Guide: Q3 2011 Update

By Julio Franco
Jul 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

That Lenovo x120e is a very nice netbook. Configure it with 4 gigs of RAM and it performs well. Nice to see Lenovo offering it again after an almost 2 month delay due to the earthquake in Japan.

2. tractorphil

tractorphil TS Member Posts: 62

The Samsung 9 series laptop works quite well. I have had for over week and it has performed everything I need it do for work\college. It is the lightest laptop I have ever owned and the hibernation mode works seamlessly with the closing of the lid.

3. Except for the X220, why are the other non-mac ultraportables so damn expensive? Damn. Also, isn't Asus supposed to release sandy bridge upgrades on the U3x models?

4. I just bough a HP dv6-6110SG and for only 600 euros. Got a quad core computer that can run Crysis 2 with easiness (at least in the default settings, haven't tried the others), I say the combination of both AMD A6 3410mx and the Radeon 6750m really helps a lot to this computer.

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 958   +23

Don't be worried about the "high prices." I check the newspapers for the sale ads and Micro Center has gobs of laptops at about half these prices in their fliers in the mail.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.