TechSpot's Laptop Buying Guide: Q3 2011 Update

That Lenovo x120e is a very nice netbook. Configure it with 4 gigs of RAM and it performs well. Nice to see Lenovo offering it again after an almost 2 month delay due to the earthquake in Japan.

The Samsung 9 series laptop works quite well. I have had for over week and it has performed everything I need it do for work\college. It is the lightest laptop I have ever owned and the hibernation mode works seamlessly with the closing of the lid.

Except for the X220, why are the other non-mac ultraportables so damn expensive? Damn. Also, isn't Asus supposed to release sandy bridge upgrades on the U3x models?

I just bough a HP dv6-6110SG and for only 600 euros. Got a quad core computer that can run Crysis 2 with easiness (at least in the default settings, haven't tried the others), I say the combination of both AMD A6 3410mx and the Radeon 6750m really helps a lot to this computer.

Don't be worried about the "high prices." I check the newspapers for the sale ads and Micro Center has gobs of laptops at about half these prices in their fliers in the mail.

Back