Telegram for Desktop less than perfect

Sebastian42

In x32Win10ProV22H2, Telegram for Desktop is a wonderful communication application that I would not swap for another; however there are two irritations which I would like to be removed. It involves disabling the tools for Attachments and for Emojs. These tools are at the left and right ends of the text-entry bar. The reason I want them disabled is not just because I personally have no use for them, but because I am constantly activating them inadvertently, and then having to close the unwanted opened windows. The publishers, who update the app EXTREMELY frequently, should be the ones to give me the advice I need, but they are unresponsive to any kind of user input, so I appeal to help-forums instead.

With help from forums I have discovered that I do not need to bring the mouse near either the Attachment or Emoji tools; clicking ANYWHERE (else) in Telegram enables text entry, and sending can be done by a keystroke. So I do not need to disable those two tools for Attachments and Emojis.

With help from forums I have discovered that I do not need to bring the mouse near either the Attachment or Emoji tools; clicking ANYWHERE (else) in Telegram enables text entry, and sending can be done by a keystroke. So I do not need to disable those two tools for Attachments and Emojis.
Also, if you ever need to send Emoji, typing :{name of your emoji}: will send that emoji.

For example, :face with tears of joy: will give 😂 Emoji

The problem is becoming clearer to me. The unwanted windows are not opening because of my false moves at entering text or sending, but simply because I need to bring the mouse cursor into the text bar for editing out my miskeying. As soon as the mouse cursor is in the text bar, there arises the risk of accidentally 'touching' those tools. I REALLY would like them disabled.

Back