TechSpot

Temp Monitoring Software?

By cfitzarl
Aug 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I sometimes overclock my system and I'm wondering of any good software for monitoring the computer components on my desktop so I don't have to go into BIOS constantly. I had a program that did that (forget the name), although it would give me readings like 30c, and withing 2 seconds it would jump to 55c, and then go to 20c withing ten seconds.

2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

you mean like speedfan, everest home and stuff like that?

3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

ya, I have tried a few of them, and they all report -1c, and 30f.

4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

You try Pc Wizard?

Regards,

Korrupt

5. cfitzarl

I'm not sure, but I tried speedfan, and it works excellently. I think the other programs were using a faulty sensor. My computer recognizes a few different sensors, and one of them is, in fact, jumpy, and going from 40f to 125 f, although the other ones stay at around 95-100f when the system is overclocked to 3.00 ghz. Thanks for your help!

6. nonda

nonda TS Rookie Posts: 46

Ld

Try Intel active monitor, its very good. It tells u how hot every thing is, ur power specs, system info, fan speeds and everything. im pretty sure u can get it on the intel site, or just google it.

7. cfitzarl

I'll try that, thanks!

8. nonda

nonda TS Rookie Posts: 46

Np, lemme kno if that works for ya.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.