TES IV: Oblivion crashing

Johansenn

Hello, I just recent got Oblivion for the PC and want to play, however when I hit new game and yes, nothing happened.

So I downloaded a save file from planet elder scrolls. Now when I open Oblivion and hit Continue or Load Game, the screen switches to the loading screen and then crashes, is there any fix for this?

If you haven't already, install the game patch and see if it helps.

If that doesn't work, what operating system are you using? If Vista or Windows 7, try changing the compatibility mode.

I'm using Windows Vista, and I got the GOTY edition, I was told i didn't have to patch, is there a later patch available?

Is there a recommended compatability mode?

I installed the Unofficial Patch, it kept crashing at the beggining, where the Bethesda logo comes on :/ Was getting further than that without it. So I uninstalled it.

Also I just fooled around with other stuff in Oblivion, I can change options watch credit and anything else on the opening menu just might, it only crashes when I actually try to play the game

Thanks for the advice so far, but I can't seem to get any to work. :(
The compatability for XP did the same thing, and most of the other versions opened the Oblivion, but wasn't showing anything, except when i got the the menu, and the it only chow thw background

It seems your having difficulty loading the world, have you updated your card to the latest drivers? The game is old but still requires a minimum of a 128MB card with DX 9 compatible drivers.

If you have to ask how to check for the latest graphic drivers, I can guarantee you that you don't have the latest. You would have remembered installing it. New graphic drivers are published on a regular basis. For example, ATI/AMD publishes new graphic drivers each month.

To expand on what Ural asked what are the rest of your system specs? Perhaps they don't meet the minimum system requirements of the game.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
Memory: 4062MB RAM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Driver Name: nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um, nvwgf2umx.dll

You do meet the minimum & even recommended requirement for the game, hopefully an update will resolve any issues you're encountering.

Back