Tesla Cybertruck deliveries set to begin on November 30

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: After what has been a very long wait for those eager to own one, the first deliveries of Tesla's Cybertruck are set for November 30. The 'Cybertruck delivery event' will take place at the company's Texas Gigafactoy, where we can expect to see a few customers given their electric vehicles around two years later than expected.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk made the Cybertruck delivery event announcement via a post on X/Twitter.

The Cybertruck was first announced way back in November 2019. Since then, it's been delayed several times, with the pandemic causing a slew of problems – as it did for all automakers. It led to Tesla missing the Cybertruck's initial preproduction target in 2021.

Tesla had said it would deliver the first Cybertrucks to customers in the summer of 2023. That was later changed to the third quarter, but both those deadlines passed. However, it seems the promise of limited production beginning in the summer was true - the first production model rolled off the assembly line in June.

Precisely how many customers will get their Cybertrucks at the event next month is unclear. Don't expect a huge number, though. Musk said during a Q3 earnings call that ramping up production of the truck will be extremely difficult, and while Tesla is targeting 250,000 Cybertrucks per year, that won't become a reality until after 2024.

The Cybertruck is costing Tesla plenty of money. Company expenses were up 43% year-on-year in Q3 to $2.4 billion partly due to the new EV. Musk added that it will take about 18 months before the Cybertruck is cashflow positive.

"We dug our own grave with Cybertruck," Musk told analysts. "Special products that come along only once in a long while are just incredibly difficult to bring to market, to reach volume, to be prosperous."

The billionaire said Tesla is prepared to drop stickers and QR codes from its car parts if it saves a bit of money.

Tesla's quarterly earnings report was worse than expected, missing both earnings and sales expectations for the quarter. Profit excluding some items dropped to 66 cents per share, missing analysts estimated 74 cents. And while revenue did rise to $23.4 billion, Wall Street was expecting $24.06 billion.

Like seemingly every other company in the world, Tesla is increasing its spending on AI development. The automaker is working on its Dojo supercomputer, designed to process the vast amounts of data gathered from the company's vehicles, which is used to train the self-driving AI software.

Permalink to story.

I hate the looks, but tesla's power network and powertrain are second to none.

I wish they'd have just made a conventional midsize truck with a tesla powertrain instead. We need something to push the market forward that isnt the size of the exxon valdez.

Would farting loudly on this momentous date be considered as, "making a joyful noise onto lord Musk and his Cybertruck"?

More importantly, will this be permitted to be sold in US states that now ban abortions?

Last edited:
Would farting loudly on this momentous date be considered as, "making a joyful noise onto lord Musk and his Cybertruck"?

More importantly, will this be permitted to be sold in US states that now ban abortions?
In at least one Tesla "POS," you can opt for farting sounds when you activate the turn signals. IMO, this speaks well to Musk's level of intelligence - if, in his case, you can use the term intelligence when referring to him. Personally, I think using "intelligence" and referring to Musk is an oxymoron unless it refers to his lack of it.

I hate the looks, but tesla's power network and powertrain are second to none.

I wish they'd have just made a conventional midsize truck with a tesla powertrain instead. We need something to push the market forward that isnt the size of the exxon valdez.
IMO, Musk does not use his big head very much - unless we're speaking about Musk's inflated ego. He seems to think trendy crap is going to push the EV market forward when it amounts to using his little head for creativity instead of his big head (not the inflated ego head). The quote of him digging Tesla's grave will be more prophetic than he thinks - IMO.

In at least one Tesla "POS," you can opt for farting sounds when you activate the turn signals. IMO, this speaks well to Musk's level of intelligence - if, in his case, you can use the term intelligence when referring to him. Personally, I think using "intelligence" and referring to Musk is an oxymoron unless it refers to his lack of it.
Oh stop it. You know that dollar to join "X" is burning a hole in your pocket....:rolleyes: :facepalm::laughing:

69 cents per share in income… and share prices are at 225USD… that’s almost as bad as AI boom companies like AMD and nvidia… yea I’ll buy toyota, BMW or some other company that won’t crash when people figure out that all Tesla will ever have is the same as any car manufacturer… a slice of the pie around 3-10%…

69 cents per share in income… and share prices are at 225USD… that’s almost as bad as AI boom companies like AMD and nvidia… yea I’ll buy toyota, BMW or some other company that won’t crash when people figure out that all Tesla will ever have is the same as any car manufacturer… a slice of the pie around 3-10%…
IMO, what Tesla has is arguably worse than what most of the other car manufacturers have except, perhaps, Kia or Hundai.

IMO, Musk does not use his big head very much - unless we're speaking about Musk's inflated ego. He seems to think trendy crap is going to push the EV market forward when it amounts to using his little head for creativity instead of his big head (not the inflated ego head). The quote of him digging Tesla's grave will be more prophetic than he thinks - IMO.
Musk is the only one who has made a profitable EV enterprise, so.......

They couldn't give me that thing. It is the ugliest piece of metal or whatever it's made of that I've ever seen. You can't even call that thing a truck. YUK!!!

IMO, You have an interesting definition of "profitable" given the many years it was not profitable, and only a few quarters of profitability, so.....
The definition of "profitable" is "(of a business or activity) yielding profit or financial gain". Which tesla is currently doing, so.........

The words you are looking for are "paid back investment". That's a very different thing.
Honestly, Tesla has been falling apart as the competition has grown.
Because the competition is very reliable and much more reasonably priced.

Tesla has 2 vehicles in the top 25 by sales for 2023 so far. The model Y at 284,500 units, and the model 3 at 173,500.

Meanwhile, rivian has shipped.....15,500 R1Ts, and Ford 5600 lightnings. Oh, dont forget lucid, which has managed approx 28! Tesla hit record revenue for 2022. The only other EV that sells well is the bolt, which is on track to hit 70k units.....so chevy is gonna get rid of it this year. LMFAO.

But I get it. Hating on musk is the IN thing now, since he allowed anyone to speak on twitter. But numbers dont lie, tesla's "competition" hasnt gotten off the ground yet.

Honestly, Tesla has been falling apart as the competition has grown.
Because the competition is very reliable and much more reasonably priced.

Interesting in that link
Tesla fell to near bottom of the list despite improving considerably
I've been saying for a while - now that the adults are getting into the market much more seriously, the children, like Tesla, are going to find it hard to compete. Tesla may have profited from its appeal to the Tesla sheep, but real people want real EVs that are reliable and not full of dumb extras like fart sounds when you activate a turn signal, not to mention that crash into parked emergency vehicles, for some reason.

The definition of "profitable" is "(of a business or activity) yielding profit or financial gain". Which tesla is currently doing, so.........

The words you are looking for are "paid back investment". That's a very different thing.

Tesla has 2 vehicles in the top 25 by sales for 2023 so far. The model Y at 284,500 units, and the model 3 at 173,500.
Just because they are selling in the "top 25" does not mean that the buyers have made wise decisions. I certainly will not buy a Tesla, heck, you could not even give me one that I would keep. I'd sell it because its just not worth the price I paid (even though it was free) 🤣
Meanwhile, rivian has shipped.....15,500 R1Ts, and Ford 5600 lightnings. Oh, dont forget lucid, which has managed approx 28! Tesla hit record revenue for 2022. The only other EV that sells well is the bolt, which is on track to hit 70k units.....so chevy is gonna get rid of it this year. LMFAO.
Yes, it is certainly something to LMFAO at Telsa not meeting their estimates.
Wow! $690M miss, now that's profitability!:p
And you must have missed that Chevy is not going to kill the Bolt after all https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44639082/chevrolet-bolt-ev-second-generation-details/
Try to keep up.
But I get it. Hating on musk is the IN thing now, since he allowed anyone to speak on twitter. But numbers dont lie, tesla's "competition" hasnt gotten off the ground yet.
Worshiping Musk doesn't hold water either.

IMO, You have an interesting definition of "profitable" given the many years it was not profitable, and only a few quarters of profitability, so.....
You have very interesting definition of the word "few" considering Tesla has been profitable for the 4+ years straight (that's 16 quarters) and 5+ years of 13 years it's been public. Furthermore, I don't see how you'd find it valuable to compare the financials of a company when it produced 0-1 models of vehicles to when it's sold several models and claim that it will fall back to that. Even if it did, this YTD alone Tesla produced enough net profit to fund its entire startup phase existence of $6.5B in net losses. They also have $26B of hard cash and $94B of assets.

No one else is close to this level of operations from EVs. BYD is the closest, but they are only breakeven profitable like every other major automotive company ICE business. Can you provide a counterexample of a competitor successfully generating profit from its EV business? All of them are losing money on EVs--they're doing so because selling vehicles at a loss is the only way customers can take them seriously. The established automakers have been taking Tesla seriously for quite some time, they've just lost their competitive edge.

That's not the point. Current sales are a fraction of the market that they once owned.

But I get it. Worshiping the ground Musk walks on is the IN thing now for a certain group of conspiracy theorists, and has been in the tech industry overall for decades.

Make no mistake, there are uglier cars than this abomination, alas apart from the Fiat Multipla I can’t think of any.

And people used to think the DeLorean was an ugly car when it first came out....this thing is just fugly.
I believe the Cybertruck is a worthy successor of the Aztek, faithfully carrying the ugliness torch forward.
Come to think of it, a fully electric DeLorean would be pretty cool.

Back